Futuristic Design Drives 'Giant Robots in a Lazy River' Project
I came across this Architect, Travis Ingersall who has really focused his innovative designs from nature, technology and sustainability. Good design? Bad design? what do you think? Check this link for more info.
I think this is very interesting. A definite translation...those forms remind me of the human cells/organs I would see in my biology book. The whole idea of "growing" a building is a bit questionable. I mean is the technology really out there to do something like this safely? It is for sure different and I'm not sure if it has potential...sounds like a very complex process.
If a cell is translated as a brick that can construct itself into an organ that would be considered the building, the design could be informed by the way the material grows. This translation of 'nature' to architecture is the use of 'organic' material itself. Would you call this an Inter-systemic interpretation where the translation implies a variation of the substance, not the purport?
I think this is very interesting. A definite translation...those forms remind me of the human cells/organs I would see in my biology book. The whole idea of "growing" a building is a bit questionable. I mean is the technology really out there to do something like this safely? It is for sure different and I'm not sure if it has potential...sounds like a very complex process.
ReplyDeleteWhy is a cell or an organ an "appropriate" source to translate into architecture?
ReplyDeleteBuildings do grow, ask Mitch Joachim...
And they weather as well.
If a cell is translated as a brick that can construct itself into an organ that would be considered the building, the design could be informed by the way the material grows. This translation of 'nature' to architecture is the use of 'organic' material itself. Would you call this an Inter-systemic interpretation where the translation implies a variation of the substance, not the purport?
ReplyDelete